Search engine optimization is all about the organic marketing of any business. In today’s blogpost, we will see how you can rank your website on a google search. Today we will discuss how you can do SEO of your website and how you can get appear your website on google search results. In this article, I wil give you some tips to rank your website on specific keywords.
Today we will elaborate the all about Search engine optimization. What is SEO? How seo works to rank websites on search engine result pages (SERPs). It’s all about the organic marketing of a business. When your website appears on google search results, you will get high visitor traffic.
How does google show results on the search engine result page? When we search any query on google, we get many results. But these results are shown on the top of the results page. Google wants its users to be able to find what they’re looking for? It shows the best content to its users.
What is Search engine optimization(SEO)?
Search Engine Optimization is a process. In which we optimized our website and web pages. It helps rank our webiste on the search engine result page(SERP). If our website is well optimized, it has a higher chance of ranking on search engines. When users search for any query related to our website content, Google can show our website as the top result. That’s called search engine optimization.
SEO( Search engine optimization) is made up of two words. The first is a search engine, and the second is Optimization. Let’s discuss the first word, Search Engine. A search engine is a software system. It is designed to find information from the World Wide Web, and it finds the information as per the query of the user. Second, Optimization is an action to make the best and most effective use of conditions and resources.
Search engine optimization techniques:
White-hat SEO is the right way to do SEO. It is also known as ethical SEO and Organic SEO. It involves optimizing websites and web pages in a legal manner, and this means following all the rules and restrictions imposed by the search engines. In White-hat SEO, we are trying to rank our website by organic methods.
White-hat SEO includes the following process
- Well, content optimizes as per users’ queries.
- Delivered quality content
- Relevant internal links
- Relevant strong backlinks
- Working on sitemaps and Technical aspects
- Better user experience
Black-hat seo means an unethical way of doing SEO. In this technique, we use methods that are restricted by the search engine. Black-hat SEO is a totally unethical technique to rank any website, and search engines block the website that uses black-hat SEO.
Black-hat SEO includes the following process
- Keyword stuffing
- Duplicate content
- Hidden text? links
- Link spamming
- Link farming
Types of Search engine optimization(SEO)
Most people think that SEO means. Doing keyword placement, creating engaging content, and using headings and sub-headings is just that, but it’s not the right idea. It is more than that. SEO is a vast topic to understand, and it is categorized into four major types based on their work.
These four types of seo are most important for every website. These help to rank website/web pages on search engines.
- On-page SEO refers to optimizing the parts of your website that is visible to your audience. You can control it. Like content, the structure of your content (HTML), the title tag of the page, URL, meta description , etc.
- On-page SEO is essential for every website. An impressive on-page SEO can boost your website ranking. Your content should be unique and informative. Your content should have the ability to solve the user problem they are looking for. Analyze your competitor’s content and try to create better content than that.
- In On-page SEO, there are many other factors that help your website/web page to rank on the search results page. One of the most important is keywords. Suppose you are writing an article on a particular topic. So you have to add some related keywords to your content.
- Your content should be SEO-friendly. For example, Your focus keyword should be included in your headline, URL, intro paragraph, and at least one sub-heading. Your content image is well optimized. Make your website responsive and have a good user interface that is easy to manage.
- Off-page SEO focuses on ranking factors that take place outside of your website. Whether it is on other websites or servers, it doesn’t matter. for example, backlinks creation, brand mentions, etc.
- Off-page SEO is mainly used for link-building. It is used to grab backlinks from high DA websites. It helps to increase the domain authority of our website. This is also an important part of SEO. It is a bit difficult to execute.
- Off-page SEO includes many different processes, such as image submission, social bookmarking, link submission, profile creation, and many more other factors.
- Social media platforms are a better off-page platform, that can make a huge difference in your website rankings. Any piece of your content that is popular on social media. So, you will get a lot of visitors to your website.
Technical SEO refers to the crawling and indexing of a website. It is the process of optimizing your website to help search engines find, understand, and index your pages.Most of the work in technical SEO is done one time. Such as adding SSL to the website, etc.
Process for Technical SEO:-
- Sitemap.XML:- You should generate and submit the sitemap of your website. It helps to search engines for crawling and indexing your web pages. It is a connection of link between a website and a search engine.
- Robots.txt file:- It is a vital aspect. This file includes those links which you don’t want to index in search engines.
- Page load time:- decrease your website page load time. Enhance the user experience.
- SSL Certificate:- your website must have an SSL certificate. It makes your website trustful and secure. It has a significant impact on the user.
- Redirection:- It is used for error page redirection. For example (404,301,302). This means that any visitor who enters the wrong URL will go to your error page.
- Local SEO is a very effective way to market your local business online. It is essential for localized business. In local SEO, we need to rank our shop or small business in Local SERPs( search engine result pages).
- Everything displayed on local SERPs comes from the Google “My Business profile.”Local SEO is becoming more important as Google tries to satisfy queries directly in the SERPs.
- Google My Business is a free tool. It provides by google. It helps to promote your business in search results. Business owners need to register on google my business. It is a crucial factor of local SEO.
Why is SEO better than paid advertising?
Organic SEO is better than paid advertising, because organic SEO can bring you millions of traffic for free. On the other hand, paid advertising is used for short-term results. Through paid advertising, we can target the right audience in less time, but it comes at a cost.
Is SEO Free?
Yes, of course, Search Engine Optimization is free for all. It works on your efforts. Does it depend on how much effort you put into your website to rank in Google search results? You don’t need to pay a single piece of money for SEO, but if you hire any marketing agency for organic SEO, they will charge for it.
Best 3 search engine optimization tools for free
- Google Search Console: this tool is freely offered by google. here, you can analyze your keywords. On which keyword your website is ranked on google search results. it is also essential for page indexing.
- Ubersuggest: take all those keywords from the google search console that can boost your ranking. Put these keywords into ubbersuggest. You will find the various types of long-tail keyword variations. You can write an article on those keywords. It helps to boost the ranking of your website.
- Yoast SEO Plugin:- it is basically for those who were running their website on wordpress. This plugin makes SEO simple. It organizes SEO in a very efficient manner.